The Indigenous Women’s Voices SummitSeptember 4 - October 4 | Film Festival | $35 Festival Pass | $10-15 individual events
What is the Indigenous Voices Summit: The goal of the summit is to celebrate, ignite, and connect First People’s from Canada to Mexico in a vision for transformative social change that puts the principles of diversity, equity, inclusion and justice into creative action.
My goal is for the Hurleyville Performing Arts Centre to serve as a creative space and catalyst for deep dialogue and creative visioning, bringing awareness to Indigenous struggles for land and life and facilitating the emergence of an activist base united in a collective vision for change. The Indigenous Voices Summit is September 4th – October 4th is an inaugural event which we hope becomes an annual event in Hurleyville, New York
— HPAC – Founder and Artistic Director, Janet Carrus
• September 4- November 2: Decoding Craft Exhibition at Gallery 222
• September 15- October 4: Silent Auction is live
• September 21- 24: Nîpawistamâsowin: We Will Stand Up Feature Documentary
• September 24: Director Tasha Hubbard Webinar discussion.
• September 25 – Oct. 2: Feature Length Film Viewings
• Friday October 2nd: Short Film & Cultural Revitalization Panel Discussione. 4pm-6pm EDT
• Saturday October 3rd: Short Film Screenings, Gallery222 Reception and Meal with the Artists
Lo Que Quiero Decirte: What I Want to Tell You, 2014 (2:52 mins)
Mud (9:40 mins)
Lake (5 mins)
Aviliaq: Entwined (15 mins)
Keep Going My Daughter (12 mins)
Wakening (8:51 mins)
• Sunday October 4th: Decoding Craft Artists Sariah Park & Erin Lee Antonak Webinar
• Sunday October 4th: Live Jingle Dress Performance 3:00pm
*Due to the changing environment and safety needs of the pandemic the event is subject to change – no refunds will be offered. We are prepared for a fully virtual event. The investment you make for the summit will go directly to the artists.
Image from short film: Wakening