FRONT OF HOUSE ASSOCIATE
Associates of the Hurleyville Performing Arts Centre are essential to fulfilling our mission of providing world-class arts experiences within your local community. Associates aid in the execution of the highest quality live events, gallery openings (Gallery 222) and/or film screenings.
Position Type: Per Diem
Compensation: $15 per hour
Hours: Friday 5pm-11pm, Saturday (varies), Sunday: 1-11pm (20 hours per week maximum)
– Associates must be friendly and outgoing by providing optimal customer service and able to relay information of upcoming events and details at HPAC
– Associates will be responsible for sales and cash handling of the concessions stand and artists merchandise.
– Associates are responsible for preparing concessions such as popcorn, concession displays, refreshments in HPAC or Gallery 222 and tracking aforementioned inventory.
– Use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) or equivalent OSX office apps.
– Associates will be responsible for certain general cleaning responsibilities of the HPAC spaces before, during and after events and screenings.
– Associates at times may be needed to attend to the needs of artists and performers of the HPAC (within reason determined by HPAC management)
– Changing various signage to promote HPAC events through street advertisement, digital platforms, and marquee signage
– General task assistance to the HPAC staff and fellow associates with the end goal of providing top quality events at the HPAC/Gallery 222
– Associates must have a flexible schedule and must be regularly available for at least 2 of the following nights per week: (Friday, Saturday or Sunday)
– Associates must have reliable transportation to and from work
– Must submit to a mandatory drug and background check
– Associates must be 18 years or older
– Associates must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language
– Associates must have prior customer service or professional office experience
– Physical requirements: Ability to lift 50 lbs over their head.
– High school diploma or equivalent degree required.
– Graphic design or digital media experience with knowledge of Adobe CC
– Prior business or live/event production experience preferred